One of the more common creis for help I receive is related to the installation of a printer or troubleshooting a printer tha no longer prints from Windows.
If you have followed the usual troubleshooting steps and tried to reinstall from your driver CD and you are still having problems then the sequence below will usually get you out of trouble.
- Disconnect your printer
- Go to Printers via the Control Panel and deleteany reference to the current printer
- Go to the web site for your printer manufacturer and find the Support link
- On the support page you should find a link to download the latest drivers
- Follow the manufacturers process to identify and select your printer
- Enter the Operating System
You are now usually presented with the option of downloading ALL software associated with this printer or perhaps just the driver software.
- Select the download required
- Run the installation but DO NOT re-connect your printer until the install program prompts you to do so.
- Follow the instruction provided by the installation software
This should get you up and running again.