There really is something curious about the mechanism for air printing from an iPad/iPhone. It seems that something can get ‘out of synch’ and whilst connectivity looks OK on all devices, the communication between printer and iPhone/iPad has actually been lost.
If you iPad/iPhone appears to be sending a print but your printer does not respond then try the following:
- First make sure that both your iPad and your wireless printer are connected to your router.
The iPad will show the wireless signal ‘fan’ at the top – double check that the router to which it is connected is your main router and the same as the printer (you can do thia by checking the wireless network name)
The printer may show the name of the network on the printer screen or provide an option to print out the wireless settings
If both devices are connected to the same the router but the iPad will still not print to the printer then try the following IN THE ORDER SPECIFIED (IMPORTANT)…
- Turn off all three devices; router, iPad and printer
(Note: this means turning each completely off, not just onto standaby, so on the iPad/iPhone hold the top button until the device prompts for switch off.
- Wait a few minutes then turn on the ROUTER first
- Wait until the router lights show that it has fully restarted and is connected to the internet and that the wireless network light is lit.
- Now turn on the printer
- Wait until the printer connects to the router and shows that you have a wireless connection (wireless lamp or wireless connected status on screen)
- Finally, turn on the iPad/iPhone and allow it to reconnect to your wireless
Hopefully all will now be OK.
If not then check your print queue on your iPad/iPhone by following the instructions below and going through the above once again.
- Double-click the Home button to bring up the “recent Apps” tray at the bottom
- Locate the Print Centre icon in the tray and press it to show it.
- Cancel print jobs from there by clicking the arrow and selecting cancel.
Hope this helps